Friday, January 27, 2012


Proverbs 18: 10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe
The name of the Lord may be taken for the Lord himself; he is a strong tower, a refuge, and place of complete safety, to all that trust in him. What a strong fortress is to the besieged, the like is God to his persecuted, tempted, afflicted followers.” -- The Adam Clarke Commentary
Psalm 18:2 (AMP)  The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower.
Psalm 91:4 (NLT) 9 If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter,10 no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home.
2 Samuel 22:1-3 (NKJV)  1 Then David spoke to the Lord the words of this song, on the day when the Lord had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul.2 And he said: The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence.
Psalm 61:1-4 (NLT) 1 O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer!2 From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety,3 for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.4 Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings!
I think of the times in my walk with God, when I have been attacked and discouraged, times when I wondered if I would survive the pain of the trial. With breaking heart and countless tears I have called out to the LORD for strength, courage and the will to continue. I have personally experienced the truth and power of these verses! In my brokenness I found a refuge, a shelter, hope, compassion, understanding, I found my “strong tower.”
When you are facing your enemies of whatever sort they may be (rejection, fear, discouragement, unemployment, sickness, temptation, death) cry out to God. He will be your strength in times of weakness. He will give you courage in the face of fear. He will lift you up when your soul is pressed down. He will be your SAFE PLACE!


Heavenly Father, thank you for your promise to come to our aide. Thank you for the comfort you give in our times of sorrow. Thank you for your unending strength in our times of weakness. Thank you for the deep peace and joy that is ours in Your presence! I love you my dear and precious savior, my strong and mighty tower. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment