Monday, January 23, 2012

Proverbs 16:3



Proverbs 16:3 (AMP)  Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.
It is a wise man that remembers he is in a divine partnership. As noble and brilliant as our ideas may be, we must allow God to make the adjustments. No matter how earnest we are to see our plans fulfilled, God alone knows if they are for our good and His glory. 
Psalm 139:23-24 (AMP) 23  Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!24  And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
James 4:13-15 (Message) 13 And now I have a word for you who brashly announce, "Today-at the latest, tomorrow-we're off to such and such a city for the year. We're going to start a business and make a lot of money."14 You don't know the first thing about tomorrow. You're nothing but a wisp of fog, catching a brief bit of sun before disappearing.15 Instead, make it a habit to say, "If the Master wills it and we're still alive, we'll do this or that."
If we will humbly commit the desires of our heart to God He will bring us into alignment with His Devine will and therefore we will have success.
Psalm 37:5 (AMP) Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.
Heavenly Father, you know that I can be impulsive. I get ideas that I believe are inspired and like a race horse in the starting gate I am anxious to break loose and run the track. Help me to more deliberate in committing my thoughts, hopes and dreams to You. Adjust my thinking in keeping with your will and purpose for my life. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment